Comparison and Review of Roomba 650 vs 655
Vacuum cleaners are now considered a necessity during the last decade. These useful cleaning machines help increase your household’s cleaning efficiency and people are now enjoying more quality time with their families. While there exist hundreds of vacuum cleaners on the market now, it can be further categorized into six types, which include canister, upright, stick, wet and dry, robotic, and handheld vacuum. Among these six main types, the robotic vacuum might just be the most innovative, superior, and advanced than the rest of them.
In case you didn’t know, robotic vacuum cleaners have been on the market for about two decades, with the very first model, Electrolux’s Trilobite. Most advanced robotic vacuum cleaners have the capability to change their route automatically, which would mean that people can just leave it to do its job. In this article, we will be comparing and reviewing two of the iRobot’s most popular and successful models: the Roomba 650 versus Roomba 655. Not only that, we will be assessing each of their own individual features, as well as their similarities and differences.
The Similarities of The Roomba 650 and Roomba 655
As both the Roomba 650 and the Roomba 655 belong to the same robotic vacuum line offered by iRobot, the most noticeable feature would be its canister shape. They roughly cost around $300, making it suitable for middle to high-income families. Both models also work great when it comes to cleaning upholsteries such as sofas, beds, and under the furniture. These vacuum cleaners, are also lightweight, making it very easy for you to use it.
In a previous review, I wrote about iRobot Roomba 620 vs 655 key differences such as absence in 620 of Scheduled Cleaning, Virtual Walls, etc. While the Roomba 650 and the Roomba 655 have almost the same basic features. Both models do feature the 3-Stage Cleaning Technology, allowing you to maximize its cleaning performance. This powerful system that comes with an Edge-Sweeping Brush is specifically designed to assist in the loosening, lifting, and sucking of dust and dirt from all kinds of floors.
In addition to that, both have the capability to self-recharge, as well as automatically adjust according to the type of floor they are cleaning, whether they clean more aggressively or a lot gentler. Lastly, it is equipped with the Wall Technology, iAdapt navigation system, and the dirt detection technology, which makes it very convenient and easy for you to detect and get rid of dirt and dust around the house.
Our visitors also liked: Dyson DC44 vs V6: Which is the Best Bagless Model
The Differences Between The Roomba 650 and Roomba 655
With the Roomba 650 and the Roomba 655’s specific features, they both possess advantages and disadvantages, making it a lot easier for you to make a sound buying decision. We do hope that you will be able to find the perfect robotic vacuum to add to your household after you have read this section.
Roomba 650 vs Roomba 655 Comparison Table
|Roomba 650||Roomba 655|
|Energy Usage Reports|
|Full Bin Indicator|
|Unique Feature||Dirt ditection|
Aside from the robotic vacuum’s cleaning ability, performance, and overall quality, consumers also consider a product’s design and construction. As with any other commodity, the more sophisticated vacuum cleaner looks, the pricier it is. This is the reason why most manufacturers invest in the design to be able to attract more consumers into buying their products.
- Roomba 650 – The overall visual of the Roomba 650 is quite attractive than most of its competitors. In fact, this elegant-looking vacuum belongs to iRobot’s minimalistic line. In addition, its dimensions are appealing to consumers, as it allows the vacuum to reach even the hard to reach spaces of your home. It also is lightweight, making it run a lot smoother and quieter.
- Roomba 655 – The Roomba 655 has a unique design, making it quirkier than other traditional iRobot vacuum models. Some say that its sophisticated design is such an eye-catcher. While their dimensions are quite similar to the Roomba 650, the Roomba 655 is more lightweight than the previous model. It is also highly portable, making it perfect for cleaning hard to reach areas including under the furniture and beds, as well as tight corners.
- Roomba 650 – Generally, the Roomba 650 has become a customer favorite because of its excellent performance. This very useful tool has good qualities and has the capability to do wonders if properly used. While this vacuum model has a difficult time assessing its surroundings, it is necessary that you use the Virtual Wall feature. To add, it features the 3-Stage Cleaning System, which is perfect for cleaning carpets, tiles, rugs, and hardwood floors, among others. To add, you can schedule its cleaning time and it also has the automatic battery docking feature.
- Roomba 655 – As with the Roomba 650, the 655 also cannot assess its surrounds if the Virtual Wall feature has not been activated. It has an improved battery performance, which allows it to work a lot longer than the previous model by up to 80 to 90 minutes. Another great feature is the Cliff Detection sensor, which prevents the vacuum from falling down the stairs. It also has a larger dustbin and a smart scheduler.
Our visitors also liked: Shark APEX DuoClean [AX950, AX951, AX952] – User Feedback
- Roomba 650 – With the help of the Virtual Wall technology, the Roomba 650 would work well in cleaning out fur, dust, hair, and fibers. It also has the capability to access tight corners. However, it is noteworthy that it can get easily confused with its surrounds and may get stuck under your furniture. To add, you may need to check the dustbin manually, as it does not come with a full bin indicator.
- Roomba 655 – The Roomba 655, on the other hand, feature an improved side brush, making it very easy to get rid of dirt and debris. It works great on all known surfaces and leaves it spotless from fur, dust, sand, and more. It also has an enhanced battery life while taking less time to recharge it. The big difference compared to the Roomba 650 is that it never gets stuck even when you leave it alone.
Battery and Power
- Roomba 650 – The Roomba 650 features the Yellow Advanced Power System Ni-MH battery and its battery life adapt to the usage, as well as its environment.
- Roomba 655 – The Roomba 655, on the other hand, uses the XLife Extended Life Battery, which effectively doubles the time before you need to perform a battery replacement. Overall, the operation of the Roomba 655 lasts a lot longer than that of the Roomba 650.
Consumer Rating and Feedback
The Roomba 650 generally has good reviews and ratings from actual buyers, with 71% of the consumers who gave 5 stars. Most of them are quite satisfied with the product, as compared to its price. A lot of buyers have commended the product in terms of its suction power and performance, as well as its ability to operate without making too much noise. However, a drawback would be its inability to assess its environment.
Now that we have compared and reviewed these two amazing vacuums from iRobot, it is now your time to decide which of the two is more appealing to you. While both work wonderful on their own, we are confident that you will be base your decision on a product’s value for money. With this, we do hope that you will now be able to make an intelligent buying decision.