Roomba 650 vs 652 – Comparison Review
Cleaning the home is a mundane task and with people having a taxing work-life balance these days, there is little motivation left for them to get the cleaning done. Thankfully, robot cleaners are here to save the day. These robot cleaners are able to take over the job of vacuuming your floors, going through the whole room and reaching the tight spaces at the corners, without anyone to supervise them. At a minor cost compared to human housekeepers, these robot cleaners can become the maintainers of the home and only require juice (electricity) for their battery in return.
Autonomous vacuum cleaners have seen an escalating growth in their market, with more and more people preferring to have their cleaning job done by robots instead of getting their own hands dirty. This has led to an array of manufacturers coming to the scene, including big names such as iRobot, Neato or Ecovacs. These brands have cemented themselves in this growing industry.
While other brands are steadily becoming prominent, iRobot has stolen the spotlight for its high-quality products, with advanced technologies, and at a reasonable price. We are going to discuss two such products from the iRobot 600s series in this article: Roomba 650 and Roomba 652. These two cleaners provide fantastic cleaning, without forcing you to break the bank. They are quite similar in their features but do share a few notable differences. You can check them out in detail in the sections below.
|Model||Roomba 650||Roomba 652|
|Automatically docks and recharges|
|Weight||11.5 pounds||7.9 pounds|
|Size||13.4 x 13.4 x 3.6 inches||13.4 x 13.6 x 13.4 inches|
Head To Head: Roomba 650 vs Roomba 652
The Roomba 600s series has been updated with the 800s series by iRobot, however the former is still relevant, capable and offers a chance for budget buyers to get their hands on a high-quality cleaner.
In this comparison section, we are going to do over the aesthetics, weight and size, features and differences of Roomba 650 and Roomba 652.
Looks-wise, both Roomba 650 and Roomba 652 look quite similar. Both have a plain black body, which is much the same like all the other Roombas in the 600s series. However, the iRobot 652 does have a bit of a grey shine on its top, compared to the basic top of the 650 model. Both the robot cleaners come with a range of buttons on the top, with a big central button for starting and stopping them. While not a big difference, the central button of Roomba 650 comes with a yellow backlight, while the 652 version has a green backlight.
Weight And Size
Compared to most autonomous cleaners, Roombas have been precisely designed with their weight and size in mind. This is due to the fact that the maneuverability of robotic vacuums is essential in the success of their cleaning job.
Both Roomba 650 and Roomba 652 are expectedly great with regards to their weight and size. Both of them are 3.6 inches tall and weight 11.5 and 7.9 pounds, respectively. As you can see, the iRobot 652 wins with its much lighter weight, but this doesn’t take away from the fact that both of the devices are particularly easy to hold and carry.
Both Roomba cleaners can easily get around the floor, cleaning the dust and hair particles, without missing out on the tight corners or the space under the bed, chair or table.
Given that both Roomba models are budget models, there are not a lot of advanced features included in them. Nevertheless, for the average home, Roomba 650 and Roomba 652 are both quite adept at cleaning.
What Both The Models Have
- Both iRobot models have a 3-stage cleaning mechanism that makes use of agitation, extraction and suction to remove all the dust and debris on your floor. This unique cleaning mechanism cleans the surface multiple times and ensures that there is no dust or pet hair remaining. To back up the cleaning, there are two multi-surface brushes which sweep through and take up any particles on the way.
- Working in tandem with the cleaning system is the auto adjusting cleaning head, which is found in both models. This means that the system will automatically know the type of surface it is cleaning, such as carpet, hardwood, laminated floor, etc. The cleaning is then adjusted to be optimize for the respective surface.
- Roomba 650 and Roomba 652 are completely autonomous in their operation, which means that all you need to do is sit back and relax, while these machines keep your home tidy. Even when the machines need recharging, they automatically dock themselves on their base and start refilling their battery.
- Both iRobot models come with scheduling integration, which means that you can set either of the versions for a daily cleaning job, without bothering with starting the device manually. This is a super handy feature as you are not required to be at home while your Roomba is operating.
- Roombas make use of patented sensory technology to find dirt and realize the high traffic zones in the room. This technology also allows the machines to scan and develop a map of the room where the cleaning job is being done, to prevent Roombas from hitting obstacles along the course of cleaning.
- There is a specialized Edge Sweeping Brush on both Roombas. The brush is designed to sweep the dust off the walls and also reach the awkward corners and edges across the floor’s plan.
Differences In Both The Models
- Roomba 650 and Roomba 652 have different battery types and battery lives, which will affect how long each of them can run for and how efficient each of their performance will be. Roomba 650 has a Nikel metal-hydride battery which gives 50 minutes of battery life. On the other hand, Roomba 652 has a Lithium battery which powers the machine for 60 minutes. The difference is not a lot in terms of the battery backup, however, it must be noted that lithium battery will be more long lasting and have less chances of defects compared to the Nikel metal-hydride battery.
- You can set a virtual barrier in Roomba 650 to prevent it from going to other parts of the home. This can’t be done with Roomba 652.
Both Roomba 650 and Roomba 652 come for low prices because of their basic features. There is little difference between both models, which means that you can purchase either of them, dependent on availablity. It is better to check Amazon to see if there is any discount going on for either of the models.
iRobot – Manufacturer
iRobot is an American manufacturer of consumer robots. It first started selling Roombas in 2002, but today the company is seen as a market leader, with smarter products and the introduction of several patented technologies.
Overall, both Roomba 650 and 652 are good robot cleaners. They both come with top notch build quality and give a solid performance for their price. This is not unexpected as iRobot, the manufacturer, is known for being a pioneer in the robot cleaner industry and always gives it’s customers great value for their money.
Roomba 650 is an option to consider if you live in an apartment with smaller rooms. For larger rooms, Roomba 652 is a better option due to its longer battery life. Usually, for larger homes, two Roombas should be put to work so that the workload is managed and the cleaning is done fast.Our visitors also liked: Roomba 770 vs 650 Review: Head To Head 2018