Roomba 620 vs 650 Review – Head To Head
Robot vacuum cleaners, like Roomba 620 and Roomba 650, are quite convenient in keeping the house clean. They are mostly autonomous and do not need supervision while working. This makes them quite beneficial for people these days, since they are busy working or just want to spend their time doing something productive.
The market for robotic cleaners has grown tremendously, which means that now you have a lot of manufacturers introducing their products. Among the most famous manufacturers that producing robotic vacuum cleaners are Samsung, Shark, Neato Robotics, Ecovacs and of course iRobot – today’s leader of producing top quality robotic vacuums with it’s series of iRobot Roomba’s. While having choice is great, there is also a downside since now you have to make sure that you are picking the right product for your requirements. If you are considering to get a moderately priced autonomous cleaner, Roomba 620 or Roomba 650 make for a wise choice. Both of these machines are developed by iRobot, which is a market leader in consumer-centric robots. This means that you can expect these Roombas to provide fantastic cleaning, while giving you great value for your money.
|Model||Roomba 620||Roomba 650|
|Size||17.7 x 16.9 x 4.7 inches||13.4 x 13.4 x 3.6 inches|
|Weight||12.7 pounds||11.5 pounds|
|Automatically docks and recharges|
Comparison: Roomba 620 vs Roomba 650
Roomba 620 and 650 belong to the 600s series by iRobot. This series has been superseded by the 800s and 900s series, however, if you are in the market for a budget buy, you can not get a better option than the iRobot’s 600s series.
In this comparison section, we are going to do over the aesthetics, weight and size, features and differences of Roomba 620 and Roomba 650.
Roombas have a distinctive circular shape with several buttons on the top and a few layers across the circumference, housing different technologies. The design for Roomba 620 and 650 offer also follow this template.
With Roomba 620, you have a cleaner in two different colors body and no gimmicks. There is a version available with a white and grey color scheme, while the second version is an all-black one. It has three buttons on the top for setting it up, with a yellow backlight.
Roomba 650, on the other hand, has a matte black body with a layout of buttons on the top. There is a large central button which is used for starting or stopping the machine. Other buttons along the central button allow you to set up different functions during the operation. All the buttons have a green backlight.
Weight And Size
Compared to most autonomous cleaners, iRobot develops its cleaners with its weight and size in mind. This makes it very convenient for the user to handle his/her Roomba and also provides greater maneuverability to the Roomba for better cleaning.
Roomba 620 and Roomba 650 are have similar weight and sizes. iRobot 620 comes with dimensions of 17.99 x 17.01 x 5 inches, while its counterpart has a size of 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches. Both of them weigh 12 pounds approximately.
Roomba 620 and Roomba 650 are both budget models and hence do not come with a lot of advanced features. Despite this, each of them are quite capable of handling a cleaning job at your home.
What Both The Models Have
- iRobot 620 and 650 come with a 3-stage cleaning system. This combines three different cleaning techniques (agitation, extraction and suction) to masterfully remove all dust, debris and hair on the floor. The cleaning system has dual brushes that adjust for multiple surfaces and goes through any set spot on the floor two times, which means that even if the floor is not cleaned completely with the first round. that makes use of agitation, extraction and suction to remove all the dust and debris on your floor.
- Both cleaners can clean any type of floors including carpeted, hardwood, laminated floor, etc.
- Roomba 620 and Roomba 650 are capable of autodocking themselves for recharging. This means that either of the robots can do their cleaning jobs and then move to the charging station, without requiring any manual assistance.
Differences In Both The Models
- iRobot 650 comes with a scheduling integration. You can get your whole week’s worth of scheduling done at single time. This means that you do not have to be at home to get the iRobot started as it will automatically get to work once it reaches its scheduled time.
- Roomba 620 comes with a sweeping brush to clean the dust off the edges and off the wall bordering the floor. This means that there will be no dust lying on the edge of the walls, which is a usual case even with manual cleaning.
- Roomba 652 uses the patented iAdapt Navigation technology which can analyse the room in which the cleaning is being done. After analysing, this system will map the room and let your Roomba use the data to avoid obstacles while it is cleaning. This technology also adapts to the changes in your room’s environment, as your Roomba is cleaning. However, this system is not integrated in to the more basic Roomba 620.
- Roomba 620 has an improved battery compared to the older generation models. This battery is energy efficient and lasts longer allowing your Roomba to clean more without recharging. Roomba 650, on the other hand, makes use of the Ni-MH Battery. This means that the battery life on the 650 model is not long, however, it does provide with stronger performance and filtration power.
Both Roomba 620 and Roomba 650 are priced low. The two models are part of an older series of Roomba products, which means that you can still get the fantastic cleaning prowess of a robotic cleaner for a price cut. There is not much of a difference in the price so you can get either of what fits your requirements better.
iRobot – Manufacturer
iRobot is an American manufacturer of consumer robots. It first started selling Roombas in 2002, but today the company is seen as a market leader, with smarter products and the introduction of several patented technologies. The company has also introduced several other products such as robotic mops and robotic pool cleaners.
Roomba 620 vs 650 Price Comparison
By iRobot$219.00Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 38 reviewers on Amazon.comBuy Now
$374.00Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 6341 reviewers on Amazon.comBuy Now
Overall, both Roomba 620 and 650 are basic robot cleaners, having all the fundamentals for doing a great cleaning job. Built quality wise, these machines are top notch and are in line with all of the other iRobot Roomba series.
Roomba 650 is an option to consider if you live in an apartment with smaller rooms. Usually, for larger homes, two Roombas should be put to work so that the workload is managed and the cleaning is done fast.\