Roomba 614 vs 650 Review – Head To Head
Robot vacuum cleaners, like Roomba 614 and Roomba 650, are very helpful in keeping the house clean. They are generally self-governing and don’t require you to watch over them. This makes them very convenient for individuals nowadays, since they are occupied with long working hours or simply need to invest their time accomplishing something productive, instead of doing tasks like maintain the home.
Roomba 614 and 650 are both basic models, each having a reasonable cost and an impressive execution. While they can’t compete with the 900s or 800s series by iRobot, each of them is still a standout amongst the popular floor cleaners.
While the newer generation models are too expensive (nearing a thousand dollars!), those with a limited budget are well set to consider Roomba 614 or 650. The former is an upgraded version of Roomba 650 and comes with newer features and more value for the money.
|Model||Roomba 614||Roomba 650|
|Size||17 x 18 x 5 inches||13.4 x 13.4 x 3.6 inches|
|Weight||11.4 pounds||11.5 pounds|
|Automatically docks and recharges|
Comparison: Roomba 614 vs Roomba 650
Roomba 614 and 650 are a part of the 600s series by iRobot. This series has been supplanted by the 900s lineup. Be that as it may, if you are in the market for a budget buy, you can not make a better choice than the iRobot’s 600s arrangement.
In this comparison segment, we will go over the aesthetics, weight and size, features and differences of Roomba 614 and Roomba 650.
These days, owners of room cleaners want a unit that looks appealing and matches their room’s decor. iRobot knows this and, hence, these Roomba models have modern looks, along with low profile minimal bodies.
Continuing about appearance, Roomba 614 and 650 are almost indistinguishable. They have the basic disc shape, like any customary Roombas. Black is the principal color of both these robot vacuums. However, Roomba 650 has a different layout of buttons compared to Roomba 614. Roomba 650 also has a glossy finish, while Roomba 614 has a matte finish.
Weight And Size
Compared with most robotic cleaners, iRobot builds up its cleaners in view of its weight and size. This makes it extremely helpful for the user to deal with his/her Roomba and furthermore gives more prominent mobility to the Roomba for better cleaning.
The size of Roomba 614 is 17 x 18 x 5 inches and the weight is 11.5 pounds. Although Roomba 650 is as light as Roomba 614, it appears somewhat slimmer with measurements of 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches. They are both considered lightweight models so you won’t have any issues regarding the portability of either of the models.
This part is the most pivotal in this Roomba 614 versus 650 articles. You will get to know if these models meet your necessities, otherwise, you are better off with other options. As aforementioned, these two are not top of the line robotic cleaners but rather basic ones.
What Both The Models Have
- Roomba 614 and 650 both come with iRobot’s licensed 3-stage cleaning system. While not as advanced as the Aeroforce cleaning system in Roomba 900s series, this system is still able to give an ideal cleaning performance, by using a mix of agitation, brushing and suction. The machines are integrated with double brushes that adapt for different surfaces and repeated move over any set spot on the floor, which implies that regardless of whether the floor isn’t cleaned totally with the first round, it will be in the other rounds. Due to this framework, Roombas from iRobot can suck up more dirt from the floor than its alternatives.
- Roomba 614 and 650 are both integrated with iAdapt technology. This is in line with iRobot’s policy of having this system on all their devices. When you turn on the unit and it begins the cleaning procedure, Roomba 614 and 650 will utilizes sensors to identify the floor plan. After mapping the floor plan, the machines will divide the floor in grids and clean each grid until there is no dust or hair anymore. Likewise, the technology allows these machines to dodge stairs and circumvent furniture.
- The Dirt Detection technology, patented by iRobot, is also incorporated in these models. This technology can analyze the type of dirt on the floor and will then send instructions to the robot to act accordingly. It can even sense the high traffic areas on the floor and will get your Roomba paying extra attention to these regions while cleaning.
- The AeroVac technology in both these models allows the bin to fill up evenly. This prevents the trash from collecting at one spot, which means that the bin takes time to fill completely and you do not have to empty it regularly.
- The Auto-Adjust cleaning head naturally adjusts is the height to allow the Multi-Surface Brushes to reach the various floor surfaces, adequately cleaning rugs and hardwood floors.
- Roomba 614 and Roomba 650 are capable of autodocking themselves for recharging. This means that either of the robots can do their cleaning jobs and then move to the charging station, without requiring any manual assistance.
Differences In Both The Models
- iRobot 650 has an inbuilt schedule planner. You can get your entire week of planning done at a single time. This implies you don’t need to be at home to start the iRobot off as it will consequently get started when the scheduled time approaches. Roomba 614 does not have this feature, which is a bummer, as it hampers the autonomy of these robots.
- Roomba 614 has an Edge Sweeping brush to wipe the residue off the edges of the walls and the corners of the floor. This implies that there will be no residue lying on the edge of the walls, which otherwise is a standard case even with manual cleaning.
- Roomba 650 also has the virtual wall system, which is extremely helpful in ensuring the machine doesn’t wander away from the room it is operating in.
- Roomba 614 has an enhanced Lithium battery compared to the older models. This battery is more productive and keeps going longer enabling your Roomba to clean more without requiring a recharge. Roomba 650, in comparison, uses the Ni-MH Battery. This type of battery has a lower life but provides a better and more powerful performance.
iRobot Roomba 614 video review
Both Roomba 614 and Roomba 650 are priced low. These two models are part of the budget-friendly 600s Roomba series. There isn’t any large distinction in the cost so you can get either of what accommodates your necessities better.
iRobot – Manufacturer
iRobot Corporation was started by 3 MIT students in 2002. The company makes personal cleaning robots for your average consumers, with its Roomba brand being very famous around the world. The company has been a pioneer in the domestic cleaning industry for more than a decade and launches new models every year.
All in all, Roomba 614 and 650 are both good products. People were delighted to have Roomba 614 in the market, as it gives you most of the features of the 650 while being a new release by iRobot.
When choosing between the two, it is better to get Roomba 650. Right off the bat, the scheduling ability is extremely useful, especially if you spend loads of time away from home daily. Also, the virtual wall is extremely helpful in ensuring the machine is safe.